Calligram- Illustrator Project

This project took me around 3 hours, I have had previous experience using Illustrator so I enjoyed creating this project rather than the last Dream Weaver Project. I was a little frustrated in the beginning of the project but that is usually what happens in the beginning of starting a new piece. As I progressed, I thoroughly enjoyed making this project because it had a lot of meaning to me and the overall project I think was easier and more fun to create. 
I decided to create my favorite artist, Khalid,  for my calligram. I was trying to decide on what to use as my object/main focus but he popped into my head as I was listening to my favorite songs by him. Everything in this piece is made from a reference picture I found on google (what I placed below). Overall, I think this art piece came out really well. I did originally have this in black and white but decided to put it in color so it added more contrast and a better reference to the photo I based it off. 

favorite illustrator tutorials: 
https://youtu.be/RbbQl2sU-ag

https://youtu.be/EOOmA9DeMb4

https://youtu.be/YW1BgbKNAHs


Comments

  1. This was by far one of my favorite projects of the entire semester. The quality of your calligram compared to the real image is so spot on using only text. I like that you chose to use all the same size font for individual sections. You also chose an image taken from further away rather than a scene or an object This definitely stood out from every other calligram because of those reasons and I love Khalid so that is a plus.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts